Event Day Details
Save the date - Event Day is September 18, 2021!
This year you'll have the choice to lead a self-organized walk with your team anytime in September or to join us in small safe groups with other teams on a designated route. Check back in August for routes and more details.
For those raise $150 or more, we’ll be thanking you for your efforts with a sweet, super-soft TGP t-shirt that you’ll be proud to wear (and maybe even brag about)!
Please connect with us if you haven't received your t-shirt.
On Event Day: Please wear a mask. Queue up 6 feet apart from the next person in line, and we'll move through the process cheerfully and quickly, celebrating your fundraising in the safest way possible.
All participants must register online to participate in the TGP Team Walk.
- Once registered, participants can solicit credit card donations through their TGP Fundhub page.
- Cheque donations made payable to The Grand Parade can be forwarded to The Grand Parade c/o Blue Sea Foundation, 260-659 King St. East, Kitchener, ON, N2G 2M4
- Cash donations should be paid by the participant in Fundhub - donors will be emailed a tax receipt for amounts $20+ immediately once paid.
- There is no registration fee to participate in The Grand Parade, but most walkers raise $250-300 or more in support of their charity.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ section!
Check back in August for our event route maps if you plan to join us in person.
The self-organized TGP Team Walk allows you to register a team and fundraise as always, but with the freedom on Event Day to:
- Walk the distance you want
Most teams will decide to walk in the morning, choosing between 1 km or 5 km distances, likely on a paved park pathway or equivalent. Many will end with a small Covid-friendly celebration afterward (lunch, tea, barbeque, etc.).
What to Bring
A few common sense suggestions:
- A cell phone for emergencies (recommended but not required)
- Snacks in case you get hungry
- Your own water bottle, filled with icy cold water
- Warm layers with moisture-repelling clothing in case it's cold or windy. Mid-September be be cold with rain and wind. The weather might also be gorgeous and sunny. Be sure to keep your eye on the forecast!