About the Event
Join us on September 18, 2021!
The Grand Parade is a family-friendly fundraiser Team Walk held on Saturday, September 18, 2021 that helps support local charities who provide essential care and service for aging Canadians.
The Grand Parade is a moment to take to the streets across Canada to publicly honour aging friends and family, while fundraising for charities who serve them faithfully.
Ways to Participate
There are a couple of equally fun and inspiring ways to participate this year, depending on your location:
- All locations offer a virtual Team Walk that allows you to self-organize with friends. Walk as far as you wish (1-5 km is fine), on a route you select, at a time that is convenient for your team. We recommend walking on our official event day, but you can choose to walk any day in September.
- Some locations will also offer a classic In-Person Event organized for you on September 18th. Those will events will feature a walker check-in, send-off ceremonies, signed routes, rest stops, and volunteers along the way.
All participants must register online in order to participate in the TGP Team Walk:
- Registered participants may solicit online credit card/paypal donations through their TGP Fundhub page.
- The Grand Parade c/o Blue Sea Foundation, 260-659 King St. East, Kitchener, ON, N2G 2M4
- Cash donations should be paid by the participant in Fundhub where donors will be emailed a tax receipt for amounts $20+ immediately once paid.
- There is no registration fee to participate in The Grand Parade, but we encourage all participants to fundraise. As a goal, most walkers raise around $250, sometimes much more!
Earn your shirt early, show it off all summer!
When you go the extra mile and raise $150+ ($75+ if you’re a whippersnapper under 18), we’ll recognize your efforts with our oh-so stylish 2021 TGP t-shirt and, even better, we’ll ship it to you directly the moment you qualify.
Imagine an entire summer sporting your support? #caringiscool #swagbrag #summersunshine