Creating a meaningful, memorable, and well-managed event day is important.
You could host a coffee-and-sweets breakfast, or wind it all up with a burgers-and-bubbles BBQ. You have the freedom to make your event day special, so have fun thinking about what that will look like!
A few key pointers:
- Route planning: as team captain it is your responsibility is to plan a route that's safe and matches the skill level and physical limitations of your team.
- Watch for waivers: Everyone on your team must register online before the event day.
- When they register online, they will automatically accept an electronic waiver, which is all that is needed for adults.
- If you have youth or children on your team, they will need to have their parent or guardian sign a printed paper waiver.
- Virtual Members: Not everyone will be comfortable walking even in small team groups. That's 100% fine. Everyone can still be on a team fundraising and contributing even if they aren't together on the event day. Consider calling them as your assembled team begins to keep them included.
Safety First: Call 911!
Youth and children should always be supervised. Remind your team that in case of any accident or injury, they should immediately call 911 for emergency support. If an accident does occur, please contact the TGP Head Office by phone or email.