Creating a meaningful, memorable, and well-managed event day is important! You could host a coffee-and-sweets breakfast, or wind it all up with a burgers-and-bubbles BBQ. You have the freedom to make your event day special, so have fun thinking about what that will look like!
As team captain, it is your responsibility to plan a route that is safe, and matches the skill level and physical limitations of your team.
- Everyone on your team must register online before the event day.
- When they register online, they will automatically accept an electronic waiver, which is all that is needed for adults.
- If you have youth or children on your team, they will need to have their parent or guardian sign a printed paper waiver.
- Credit Card: The Best Option! Simple, secure, automatic tax receipt for gifts of $20+. Visit the Donate page, share your personal page link, or have your donor call the TGP Head Office.
- Cheques: The Old Faithful - made out to “The Grand Parade” with your name on the Memo line. Mail them to the TGP Head Office along with your completed pledge sheet.
- Cash: You have 2 options:
- 1. Login to FundHub, click “Enter $$ and Cheques,” create pledges for your cash donations, pay them off with your personal credit card, and keep the cash. OR...
- 2. Write a cheque (made out to “The Grand Parade”) for the total amount of cash you’ve collected. Mail it to TGP Head Office with your completed pledge sheet.
What About Virtual Teammates?
Not everyone will be comfortable walking even in small team groups - that's 100% fine. Everyone can still fundraise and contribute to your team even if they aren't together physically on the event day. Consider giving them a call as your assembled team starts out so they can still feel included.
Safety First: Call 911!
Youth and children should always be supervised. Remind your team that in case of an accident or injury, they should immediately call 911 for emergency support. If an accident does occur, please contact the TGP Head Office by phone or email.